Old 09-04-2008, 05:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants?

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"ebrad" wrote in message

groups.com...
Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants
to grow faster?

Your kit doesn't make pyramids big enough to handle this
tomato monster:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...angler/TomatoG
iant.jpg?t=1207739316

I why would I want it, anyway? The monster makes more
tomatoes than I can eat.

that's not a monster. that's a normal happy tomato.
what is the shrub with the purple flowers in the background?
i think i have one something like it, but it's in shade & not
nearly so nice.

That's my neighbor's Rose of Sharon.

How about this group of zinnias, 6 feet tall and still
growing??
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...angler/ZinniaJ
ungle.jpg?t=1207739397

wow! what are they growing in? that's impressive.
lee

They're growing in decent soil with some compost added in early May. They're
"feet" are just a foot or so from the blacktop driveway, so they're getting
pretty hot every day, from noon onward. They're native to Mexico, so maybe
they appreciate the heat.

That year, I used Burpee Big Tetra Mix. The year after, I just bought a
6-pack of whatever the local nursery had. Same results.