Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Garden Labeling advice please

"Pat Gardiner" wrote in message
I'd like some advice please.

I have a large garden, orchards, greenhouses and tunnels. Vegetables, soft
and top fruit, vegetables both under cover and outside.

Labelling takes a lot of effort, creates many blunt pencils and a bad
temper.

I have found a pencil that stays readable for longer "Rainbow"- but even
so, I like to label the many fruit varieties accurately and get it to stay
readable.

I have been looking at these machines that are about, they seem to make a
flexible label suitable for trees and soft fruit, but I wonder if there is
a dual purpose one that can also produce stiff plastic.

Anyway, can anyone advise me about makes, their stengths and weaknesses
and the all important labels themselves.

I don't mind getting a special printer for the garden, as my wife is happy
to explain in detail I can spend like a drunken sailor on it, but I do
have 'puter and a good HP office printer.

Would I be duplicating something I can do already? Is it just a question
of buying the right ink and sheets of labels?

I would like, if possible, to print on both sides of the label. Nowadays,
I get some help and it is useful if I can f.e. print "Prune March, pick
October."

TIA

--
Regards
Pat Gardiner

Avery Labels 7160 stuck back to back and laminated. Plant on the front. Info
on the back.

Design Pro 5 is the programme. I believe it can be downloaded now.

Simple programme I print 1000's of labels a year

Hope that helps

Mike