Old 09-04-2008, 05:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:59:43 EDT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

I believe that what you are looking at in the scope is just a string of
algae. They will show up in the slime quite frequently. If it doesn't
move, don't worry about it.

Movement is key, I don't find anything unless it is moving... ;-)

Some interesting websites I ran into while googling for parasite pictures:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/disease.html
http://www.akca.org/library/diease4.htm
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/inde...tro/index.html

This looks like a great source, found the 2 above from it, unfortunately a
lot of the links are broken, but worth further clicking if one is
interested:
http://www.koitime.com/Content/microscopy.htm ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us