Old 09-04-2008, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Large scale permaculture

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:43:52 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:10:24 -0700, Billy wrote:

Your a Lutheran aren't you Charlie? I listen to Prairie Home Companion
and I'd recognize you anywhere. Just waiting for God's coup de gras?

Nice try. Please insert another quarter to play again.

What? Not even a smiley face? You are in a mood;-)
However, you are right, as usual. Millions of people around the world
demonstrated against Gov. Shrub's (only office he was ever elected to)
vanity war and they were ignored. Demonstrations never brought the boys
back from Vietnam either. And we have seen that revolutions seem to get
hijacked by hinderbinders that have their own agenda.

Heh. Sorry friend. I figgered giving you a nip was safer, and would
be tolerated better than nipping someone else, like my Lovey fer
instance. ;-)

Yeah, bit of a downcycle today. You know the routine. I have found
that contained within the major fluctuations there are some minor ones
as well. Kinda sucks sometimes. Been feeling the need for a couple
days, but have resisted, as at this time I am well aware of where this
would lead. What I need is to be able to go wallow in the soil and get
the back of me neck redded and wear myself out physically. Days on end
of cloudy rainy weather, this time of year, are not good for me. And
they are calling for three more with snow on two of them. But I'll be
alright, just gotta wait it out sometimes.

Oh, remember that ****ing in the wind, especially on lemon trees, is OK.
It's ****ing into the wind that creates problems;-) (learned this from
Omelet, the smiley faces, not the ****ing, and I can't seem to stop:-)

Heh heh, gotta remember which way to face when fertilizing. :-)

Well I think we would do just fine if we could get these freakin'
parasites off'en us.(Like Gov. Shrub, he wasn't really elected to
anything else).

You really think so? There are will always be psycopaths and
narcissists in the wings waiting to exert control over the masses.

Twas ever thus.

Charlie

Fortunately, those who follow us will have their own hopes and dreams.
Five thousand years ago, the Egyptians said that the world was going to
ruin in a hand basket and here we are, still going. The rich keep trying
to get richer. If we had a revolution, the new leaders would socialize
the wealth and make themselves chairmen of the board.

But you must keep in mind, the Egyptian world did go, as the world only
extended to the limits of their knowledge. So it was for other
societys. Unfortunately we have finally become viral and spread
worldwide, so it only stands to reason, since the house of cards is now
a global house of cards, for all intents and purposes of economics and
dependencies, that a collapse will be of epic proportions. Collapses
of yesteryear were of epic proportion to those who collapsed.

And it is intersesting that much of the turmoil, given our global
dependency upon oil, is centered in one of large oil producing areas of
the world,which by coincidence is also home to several of the worlds
warring religions, and which coincidentlay id rumored to be the cradle
of civilization.

But, having said this, I realize that for the most part, our knowledge,
though worldwide and extending a very tiny way into space, is limited
and we make our prophesies and predictions based upon this limited
knowledge. All comes down to we really don't know shit from shinola.

The prophets of old may have been inspired (I do believe that some of
us have seen with other eyes and things didn't appear the same ever
after), but it is now not hard to see and project into the future the
results of our actions. Destruction of resources and warring and food
insufficiency on regional scales have simply gone global and a
contraction is coming. Logistics bears this out.

But, as you say, perhaps the generations that make it, will have dreams
that don't involve control and such and make a better go of it. SO, I
quess our task is to try and ensure that some knowledge and some of the
good ideals and dreams get passed on to the next generations. I'm
doing my damndest to see to this.

As far as predictions of the end and God destroying us, God needn't
lift a finger to end this. We are doing quite well ourselves and I am
confident we shall succeed in our endeavour. We have freewill to do as
we choose.

But seriously, something has to be done about feeding and housing the
people living one $ 1- $2 a day (1/3 of the planet's pop.) before they
come to our doors and take it.

See above.

Hoping the daylight puts you into a better mood;-) dang!

Actually, a little sunshine has helped considerably, though I'm still
feelin' a little frosty. Maybe catch ya' later, maybe not til the
morning, but I'm quite sure though that many of the good folk round
these here parts are hopin' for much later. ;-)

Charlie

I'm tellin' ya Charlie, it's no use coddling 'em. They're just gonna
have ta grow up. If gardeners can't be civil, I guess there isn't any
hope for anyone:-(

Sorry to hear about the rain and snow. To top it all off, there was a
report that La Nina might foreshadow a drought. Interesting times indeed.

Well, I got my flour. Twenty-five pounds of it @ $2.29/5 lb. I may end
up looking like a fool but I'll eat the flour eventually. It's just
basic unbleached white flour. I'd like to have gotten whole wheat flour
but I'm afraid the germ would make it go rancid. Now to get some
hermetically sealed containers and some of that dry ice you was talking
about. Hell. I may have a cylinder of CO2 out in the garage. I'd better
check. Later.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/