Old 10-04-2008, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garden Labeling advice please

"Sacha" wrote
The problem with all printed labels is the fading over time. In a private
garden and with enough time to do it, I'd go for lead labels and 'scratch'
what you want onto those. Many places sell them and they're both
attractive
and practical for the private gardener, IMO. Otherwise, my personal
experience is that Dymo labels last as well, if not better, than most
things.

We used Dymo out on the allotment for years on white painted sticks and now
use the Brother Labeller machine most GCs sell and find that they work even
better, not least because you can get black letters on white background. We
stick the labels onto large white plastic labels.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden