Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Strelitzia - Flowers dying

On 10/4/08 12:24, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Perhaps David is referring to sun through glass. We grow ours here in a
| large greenhouse, in a central bed and while they have a lot of light, it's
| slightly dappled because of climbers and other plants growing over and
| around them. They flower pretty well.

I keep mine in direct sun through glass until it is warm enough to
put out!

Older leaves do go brown and shrivel, but that's how Strelitzias
grow. If you regard that as damage, then half-shade is probably
desirable.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I've noticed that I mis-read David's post and he wasn't talking about them
under glass. I've forwarded your reply to him, so we'll see if he can
clarify.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk