Old 10-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Dazzamancs Dazzamancs is offline
Registered User

Default Squirrals eating the new shoot on my golden weeping willow tree

I planted a young golden weeping willow tree in my garden June 2007. It has taken really well. The issue I have is that recently the new buds/shoots on the tree have been eaten by Squirrals including breaking branches etc.

I deal with this I have tried to cut back as much of the surrounding trees / bushes etc and I have also been able to put a plastic drain pipe around the trunk of the tree which has stopped them from being able to climb up the tree. I cannot cut back any more bushes or trees as I cannot reach them.

I was hoping that someone might have another solution ? or product that I could buy to attach to the new branches of the tree or have any other ideas.

It's such a shame the tree has grown well since last year and the new shoots are all doing well - but I am worried that the Squirrals will contine and strip the new tree bare.