Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] cl999@comcast.net is offline

Default Compost ratio

On Apr 10, 11:28*am, "Val" wrote:
wrote in message

There's no way I can compost all my kitchen scrap.

I can't believe you said that!

That was under the assumption that I needed 30 times the brown
material for my kitchen scrap. I have since learned that it is not
true. I'm just trying to learn. It might be easy for you because you
know how to do it. Last time I tried I thought I could just throw
kitchen scrap in a bin outsife. Well, it turned out to be a giant pile
of rotten garbage. I guess it was still technically a compost heap,
but it's not the way I (or my neighbors) preferred to do it.I didn't
know about brown and green or carbon and nitrogen. Even those the
composting process is very forgiving and no right or wrong way,
there's still good ways and bad ways of doing it.

Loosen up your anally engineered sphincter, man. You said it...this isn't really rocket

Wouldn't have my sphincter engineered any other way. That part works
just fine, unlike my previous attempt at composting.

Otherwise just kick back and let it rot, have a beer, relax.

None of the web sites said anything about beer being part of
composting. I like your method much better!