Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Ping Otterbot

"0tterbot" wrote in message
they are the only species i have ever encountered that i want to blow to
kingdom come with a shotgun. they are intolerable to me, and yet, there's
just not much i can do about them.

In some places, I've had to mulch with large rocks to keep the mulch in
place. Course that doens't work in the vaggie patch so there I've
sometimes had to use bird net, but overall, I love their socialness and
their antics.

you are clearly more tolerant than you claim, then!

i am trying to do green manuring atm before it's too late in the season,
but i can't until they are gone - otherwise they will just dig everything
up, the ****ers.

And then the Sulphur Crested Cockatoos will arrive no doubt :-))

i only ever get them just passing through - & i don't mind keeping it that
way!

they really are fabulous birds - it just can't be helped that i find
them so sinister. but i'm a bit funny about birds esp large ones. it took
a bit of gumption for me to chase the choughs out of my chook pens (sigh)
because horrible flapping birds all around just does my head in entirely.
and no, chooks don't freak me out whatsoever because i don't really
consider them "birds", so i don't mind if they get very close!

Ah. In that case I can understand the 'sinister' reference. I love big
majestic birds. I could spend hours watching Wedge tailed eagles on the
thermals.

dh is a hardcore eagle nerd!!!
takes all kinds, etc.
kylie