Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:43:30 EDT, Pond Addict
wrote:

I bumped the salt up to .2%. I'm concerned about a bacterial infection
or parasites camping out in the remaining area that's visible in the
latest picture. It looks like the fish may be down to the flesh
there... Even if I'm going to leave the fish in the pond, should I
maybe take it out and dip it? If so, how long and what strength?

Dave

Don't dip. Area appears to be healing, you do not want to strip the scab
off. If it changes, looks worst, post another picture. My biggest concern
would be the males damaging that same spot again, as it is in a tender
state at the moment. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us