Old 11-04-2008, 06:27 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Large scale permaculture

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:59:33 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

of course, most govts that have a great idea are invaded by the u.s. &
crushed for the next 50 years ;-)
kylie

Hey, you need to update! We are now on the Hundred Year Plan. Our
Repugnican candidate, John McCentury is talking a hundred years in
Iraq.

truly?! my goodness.

Got Oil!

(er, won't all the oil be gone by then?)

Foo, we yanks, gonna grab it all. All for us and none for others.

**** me, hurry and put us out of our misery and save yerselves.

Charlie

well, not to rain on your parade, but self-hating americans are nearly as
tedious as the other kind! g! i know, it hurts to realise that nothing
about yourselves is unique or particularly interesting in either a good or a
bad sense, but you'll manage :-)

I beg to differ with you 0tterbot. We Americans seem to live in a
strange state of schizophrenia. Most people who meet us find that we can
be charming and thoughtful, yet most people would say that our
government is self-serving at best, and at worst, criminal. We consume
25% of the worlds energy and presently have plans to continue fouling
the air that you breath by extracting fossil fuel from oil shale and tar
sands long after the Saudi wells run dry. Global warming just may be a
new marketing opportunity;-) Our government, with our tax dollars,
spends 40% of the worlds budget on weapons. That means that we are a
bunch of dangerous motherf***ers. We are also the world largest arms
suppliers, so any war is a good war for us:-) You, my friend, have no
control over the 800 lb. gorilla in the cage with you, we do, and don't
exercise it. I am always impressed that a six month old child from
anywhere sounds and acts the same. We are all born equal (no nation has
a monopoly on saints or sinners) but the tribe that we are born into
determines our personal power and pecking order. We, the Americans, are
in a position to exert pressure on that gorilla. Charlie, was selflessly
ignoring his tribe, and beseeching his brothers and sister of our
species to save humanity. Can you imagine his hubris?

have you seen our spiffy new prime minister creating necessary, yet polite
and pleasant, runctions in china? what a one he is!! i don't know that the
general public actually _likes_ him or not, but my word, there is a great
deal to be admired. sometimes he makes my jaw drop right off my head. you
want to find yourselves someone more like that. (obama?)
kylie

--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/