Old 11-04-2008, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Asparagus

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
contains these words:
"'Mike'" wrote in message
"Her outdoors" bought three crowns today and planted them.
All we have to do now is wait :-)

...and weed

I thought it took anything up to five years before you got a decent crop?

I planted eighteen asparagus crowns last year.

--
AnneJ

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion
now accepted was once eccentric. ~Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

The longer you leave them the better, hence "All we have to do now is wait"
but we could start harvesting from year three according to the books. What
are the experts comments on this one?

Mike