Old 11-04-2008, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Using Vermiculite on top of newly sown seeds

In article 5d79033b-1f39-425e-a8d3-
,
says...
I have some Mimulas seeds to sow in the propogator. They say on the
packet I must sow on top of the sifted seed compost and keep out of
direct sunlight.

I seem to recall that last Friday Monty Don used it on some of his
seeds to 'keep out the direct sunlight' Was my recollection right and
should I do that?

Mimulus germinate best when surface sown and not covered.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk