Old 11-04-2008, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Asparagus

"Pat Gardiner" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
contains these words:
"'Mike'" wrote in message
"Her outdoors" bought three crowns today and planted them.
All we have to do now is wait :-)

...and weed

I thought it took anything up to five years before you got a decent
crop?

I planted eighteen asparagus crowns last year.

I hope to sneak a few from our three year olds this year - but they're
not even coming up yet :-(

Three years is about right, I would have thought.

Ours are just showing.

--
Regards
Pat Gardiner

Mary

I was very young when I was first introduced to Asparagus. It was during the
war when an Aunt, a wonderful cook, served it up, cooked in butter in a side
dish!!

I can see it now and it makes my mouth water ;-)

Can't wait. ??? What? Another year?

:-(

Mike