Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Blue lip day 2: C.mossiae coerulea 'Alayon' x self x 2

Got this as a seedling in a collection dispersal oh I'd say about five
or six years ago. I kept it beacuse I assumed it would be blue. I was
somewhat disappointed when I saw the flowers from behind hanging in
amongst the purpuratas and such as they seemed all white. But there is
actually a small blue blush running down the center of the lip. Faint,
but more obvious in person than in the pic. The flowers are pretty
fragile, I think. I pulled it down yesterday to get a look and again
today. It bangs around a little in the breeze from the fan. As you can
see from the pic, it's easily bruised. The thin yellow stripes down the
centers of the sepals also surprised me. Once again, I'll post a close
up of the lip. And it's nicely fragrant, sweet with some cinnamon in it.

Attached Thumbnails
Blue lip day 2: C.mossiae coerulea 'Alayon' x self x 2-mossiaealayonxself.jpg   Blue lip day 2: C.mossiae coerulea 'Alayon' x self x 2-mossiaealayonxselflipclose.jpg