Old 13-04-2008, 01:41 AM
liketogarden liketogarden is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith in France View Post
On Apr 12, 3:49 pm, judith wrote:
When pricking out tomatoes I put them in their new pot with the first
leaves just above the soil level - this means most of the stem is
buried.

Should I do this with any type of seedling - ie bury the original
stem?

Hi Judith, I have been pricking out annuals and I am burying up to
their necks as I usually do. I've never had a problem with it over
many years.

The Other Judith
Donīt think it matters too much, to be honest. Donīt plant them too shallow because they donīt want to dry out, but donīt plant them too deep because the compost can wash over the leaves when you water them.