Old 13-04-2008, 05:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst[_2_] Chas Hurst[_2_] is offline

Default mulch and gravel

"Ryan P." wrote in message
Chas Hurst wrote:

"Ryan P." wrote in message
Chas Hurst wrote:

with clean gravel. You might want to dig out about 2-4 in of soil so
the gravel is even with the lawn, if you have one.
.
.
Since the water will more readily drain down through the rock,
shouldn't he ADD after removing the mulch to maintain a grade away from
the house?

What water?

.
.
When it rains. Sorry. Didn't put my entire thought down!

I'm not sure rain is a consideration. How much runs down the side of the
house?