Old 13-04-2008, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Harding off advice

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:08:41 -0400, Bill wrote:

Multiple transplanting is unheard of here. We start in 2 inch square
pots and move to earth when ready. Don't ask! )).

Sigh.......you know I must ask. I 'spose the answer is "Because that
is the way we have always done it." ;-)

Charlie

Yup. But remember we were able to get much smaller pulled plants . I'd
ask for a dozen tomatoes and get thirty. This with sweets, squash and
tomatoes in particular and even flowers. Old retired navy guy had an
German wife . Hell we could get orchids and eggs too. Gone now almost
20 trips about the sun.

Bill felling like an old dog.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA