Old 13-04-2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Clematis

BD wrote:

I purchased a clematis at a nursery that was closing at the end of the fall
season last year. I planted it in the fall and hoped for the best. Well,
its leaves are beginning to sprout! I planted it against the house, behind
a shrub as was recommended. My question is, do I have to build something
for the clematis to climb on, or will it cling to the brick?

Most varieties of clematis won't cling to brick. You need to buy or
build a trellis.

Clematises come in a lot of different varieties. If yours came with a
plant tag post the name of the variety and we may be able to give you
some advice as to what type of trellis you need.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL