Old 14-04-2008, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default What to do with siberian squll?

Bill wrote:
In article ,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

I was surprised a couple of days ago to see quite a lot of pretty
blue flowers pop up right outside my side door (in the path of
course). On investigation I found that they were Siberian Squill.
Have no idea how they got there. The location is such that they
are
going to get trampled if I leave them there (so far I've managed to
remember that they were there but I have ADHD and I know that I'm
going to forget) and I'd like to keep them, just in another
location, so I'm wondering if there's any way to proceed from here
other than marking them and digging up the remains in the Fall. If
marking them and moving them later is the only option, does anybody
have any ideas how to mark their locations in such a way that the
markers won't also get trampled?

--

I'd move them right now. Perhaps only half if this is faulty
advice.

Bill who has red markers all over telling me to pay attention or do
some thing. Some are two years old ).

Do I dig up the individual plants and transplant them bare-root or do
I take a posthole digger and try to move a whole clump of them to a
different posthole in a single big plug? Note that they appear to be
very small plants but I don't know what's underground. Seriously, I'm
very new at this gardening thing.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)