Old 14-04-2008, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Material that stops fruiting

I had an ornamental plum that did the same thing. Just a horrible, nasty
mess. It was growing next to the sidewalk (it was there when I bought the
house) and was not only a rotting mess but a hazard as well. I tracked down
a 'fruit inhibitor spray', can't remember the name. The MSDS sheet has
little skulls on it and CARCINOGEN in just about every column. Didn't buy
that stuff. A product called Fruit Stop was then recommended. I read the
MSDS sheet on it and decided I'd just get rid of the tree. That Fruit Stop
stuff was even MORE EVIL! I just decided to get rid of the %$#$ tree and
start over with something else.

Val
"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

What is the material that stops fruiting called? We have a beautiful
weeping peach tree that flowers nicely but then produces a bountiful
crop of inedible peaches. Even the squirrels do not eat them so I
have to pick up bushels of them every fall.

I know that there are such materials but danged if I can find them.

TIA

John