Old 13-04-2008, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan holmes alan holmes is offline

Default Squirrals eating the new shoot on my golden weeping willow tree

"Dazzamancs" wrote in message
news

I planted a young golden weeping willow tree in my garden June 2007. It
has taken really well. The issue I have is that recently the new
buds/shoots on the tree have been eaten by Squirrals including breaking
branches etc.

I deal with this I have tried to cut back as much of the surrounding
trees / bushes etc and I have also been able to put a plastic drain
pipe around the trunk of the tree which has stopped them from being
able to climb up the tree. I cannot cut back any more bushes or trees
as I cannot reach them.

I was hoping that someone might have another solution ? or product that
I could buy to attach to the new branches of the tree or have any other
ideas.

It's such a shame the tree has grown well since last year and the new
shoots are all doing well - but I am worried that the Squirrals will
contine and strip the new tree bare.

You buy a trap from Mole Valley Farmers, and kill the buggers, that stops
them!

Alan