Old 14-04-2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Pond Pump Question

That pump should work just fine. The 18 watt UV is sized for a maximum pond
size of 4000 gallons and a flow rate of 2200 gph. You'd be within that
range. What's the wattage rating for the Tetra pump? You might be better off
using the Oase AuquamaxSF2200 if you're concerned about the electric bill.
It only uses 100 watts.

Enjoy!

"mjl" wrote in message
. ..
I bought a tetra pressurized 2500 gallon bio filter with an 18w uv
sterilizer. My pond is a bout 2,200 gallons I was thinking of buying the
tetra ofx 2000 pump but was wondering if it would pump the water too fast
through the filter to effectively kill the algae. I read that the water
flow to the filter should be half the size of the pond for the uv
sterilizer to work properly. I wanted one that could handle larger amounts
of debris.Do you think this filter would go through the water too fast and
could you recommend a pump that would work with this filter?...Thanks for
any info.....