Old 14-04-2008, 12:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Margaret St. John Margaret St. John is offline

Default Electric Mower

On 2008-04-14, J. Clarke wrote:
Pennyaline wrote:

Now if they would just get to work on an electric riding mower.

They've been around since the '70s--plan on spending about $12,000.
http://www.econogics.com/ev/evtools.htm lists a number of models with
links to some of the manufacturers (scroll down to get to the riders).
Most of the ones currently available seem to be general purpose small
tractors with mower attachments being only one capability.

I second this they do exist. I have a John Deere E90 from 1974. It still
runs great and I actually have stopped traffic while I mowed, becuase
it looks different than normal riding mowers and its quiet. People stop and
ask what it is. They really should go back to making these.

-Margaret
--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o