Old 14-04-2008, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Moving rhubarb

"Val" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Val" wrote in message
I have no idea if this is true or just some old tale they insisted on
when harvesting.

Val

I cut them last season and nothing awful happened.

I just did some research about harvesting rhubarb. Apparently growers
insisted on the stalks being twisted off to insure the new growth for the
second harvest isn't damaged or cut by knives. Obviously strolling out to
the garden to harvest home grown is a little different situation than mass
commercial type harvest. Huh, interesting.

Val

That makes sense.