Old 14-04-2008, 07:04 PM
mor mor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mztrouble View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here so firstly want to say hello!! My OH and I brought a house with a teeny tiny garden last August and have been slowly working on it. Got some nice young plants in and haven't killed any yet (touching lots of wood!!)

However, I have grown some sweet peas from seed in little trays and they are getting quite strong and are probably ready to grow. My question is... do I need to put bamboo stakes in or can I just put garden wire along the fence? I have no idea other than they need a lot of support (apparrently??)

Has anyone any suggestions? Thx in advance!
and not from England but l read that the english use bamboo canes to support the sweet peas ,and sometime they let it grow around a wigwam structure