Old 14-04-2008, 03:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Electric Mower

Sheldon wrote:

On Apr 13, 11:45�pm, Pennyaline wrote:

I've finally gone and done it. Reserving my riding mower for the larger
expanse of my back yard, I'm replacing my old gas-powered
semi-effectively self-propelled walk behind mower with a spanking new
electric model for the smaller front yard.

How nice it will be to mow without that gas engine racket!

Electric mowers typically operate at higher decibels than petrol
models, also at higher pitch so much more annoying and ear damaging...
be sure to wear quality ear protection... shooter's muffs are hot but
they work.

I use a Ryobi rechargeable electric and it is MUCH quieter than a gas or
electric model. Neighbors comment on how quiet it is.

About 10 - 15 years ago rechargeable electrics where the "hot new
thing". Now it is seems that no one makes them. I wonder why? Mine
has been very reliable (two 12 volt batteries need to be changed about
every 5 years). For small yards they are great. With new battery and
electric motor technology they would likely be even better. And, it
seems that there is a real market for them.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL