Old 14-04-2008, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Hawthorn

In article ,
(paghat) wrote:

Hey, is some of this content being reposted periodically by you Billy? I
kind of recall seeing it on three occasions. I've missed the reason. Can
you bring me up to date?

-paghat the ratgirl

In article ,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Sheldon wrote:

Billy wrote:
I have a hawthorn (Crataegus oxyacantha a.k.a. Crataegus laevigata). It
is only 18" high. I want advice on shrubing it out (I don't want a tree)
and on methods to optimize the harvesting of its' leaves.

With an 18" hawhorne if you're over 40 years old you probably don't
need to worry about harvesting many leaves. And besides, hawthorne
leaves are small and light, even from a mature 20" tall tree you won't
collect more than a bushel, more like a quart. I have a 20'
hawthorne, its leaves shrivel on the tree and drop slowly over many
weeks, they blow away before many accumulate. But with a 18" seedling
you really don't need to concern yourself until it reaches about 8'...
at least another 15 years.

So the burning question is, can I trust the opinion of an apparent
anti-Christian sick f**ks like Shelly or Shirley (a.k.a. Shirwindu) Doo
( The Doo Brothers)?

Previously:
From: Sheldon
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: I would like some feedback..
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
Christian wrote:
I own a business "Professional Pond Maintenance and Fish Care".

That's your first untruth... you *operate* a business.... you don't own
a business until your IRS return doesn't show you're operating at a loss.

I'm wanting to get any and all feedback, positive or negative,
on a website I designed recently to go with it. I advertise locally
and direct folks to my site for more information.

Here is the link:
http://allyoudoisfeedthefish.net/index.html

Thank You,
Christian

Your parents must have had high hopes for you to succeed in the
arts... you're not going to do well in business unless you change your
name.

---------

Christian asked, very nicely, for an opinion and you gave him attitude.
It seems that it was his name that set you off. So I might be all wet
here Shelly, maybe there is a perfectly logical reason why you
denigrated Christian's name. Can you explain your seeming knuckle
dragging attitude? Even an explanation from Shirwin, who supports your
position would be most gratifying.

In the meantime, maybe I should start a Christian support group to
combat Evil Doo'ers.

--
Bush Behind Bars

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

I've ask (erroneously) Sherwin Doo to explain himself, when, actually,
it was Sheldon being the bigot du jour. I have no problem with criticism
when it has basis in fact but mindless invective and ad homenim attacts
are a waste of everyone's time. I can get rude as well but it will be
when cavalier behavior isn't explained. Live by the invective, die by
the invective.

In this particular case a poster, for whatever reason, asked for
feedback and Sheldon, not happy to just attack an individual, managed to
denigrated an entire religion. I'm not a member of any organized
religion, although I do have deep respect for Martin Luther King Jr. and
the priests and nuns who worked and died for equality for the indigenous
people of Central American. Being a poster in this group, if I didn't
complain and make my irritation with Sheldon's bigotry plain, would be
to tacitly approve his maliciousness.

As far as Doo is concerned, he applauds the IDF's killing of Rachel
Corrie. Making him uncomfortable is small recompense for the pain that
his martial mentality has bequeathed to the world.

So, yeah, instead of putting words into their mouths, I will simply let
them speak for themselves and repost their own words.

And that is where I am to date.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/