Old 14-04-2008, 10:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Cherry tomatoes in hanging baskets.

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:09:57 +0100, nightofjoy
wrote:

I'm going to plant out some cherry toms in baskets this year.

After I've got the seedlings to come through, I plant them in
individual pots, until they get to a height of around 6 inches?

At this stage, will they grow upwards by themselves?

When I transfer them to the hanging baskets, how do I train them over
the edges? Are they vine-like? Will they just do this naturally, or do
they need support?

You had probably better get a variety of tomato that is geared to
container growing. I grow cherry tomatoes but the plants are full
sized -- 6 feet tall with a thick stem.
--
Susan N.