Old 15-04-2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Joan[_2_] Joan[_2_] is offline

Default Are water changes really necessary?

Okay, thanks. How often do you do the partial water changes, and what
percentage do you change?

When you do the cleanout, what do you do with your fish?

Joan

You'll surely get different opinions on this subject. I believe DS
(dissolved solids) build up in the water that should be removed. Plants and
filters don't necessarily remove them. I do partial water changes on both
my ponds and a yearly or every-other-year cleanout. Mulm builds up on the
bottom that the pump doesn't get, even though the fish may stir it up.