Old 15-04-2008, 01:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Buying fish on line

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:32:14 EDT, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

I don't recall a thread about selling baby GF as being koi?!?! I do see a
thread about GF harassing female koi and added that I did not have that
problem in my ponds.

Well then, wouldn't you say you don't have a problem because you don't have
GF & koi together? That's what where this thread kind of headed, with a
question about mixing fish. Nothing about selling hybrids.

When my GF were in the ponds with the koi they both
spawned with their own kind. I saw no cross-breeding.

Interesting and very unusual, imho.

Mine didn't. Once the water became warm all GF breeding ceased. The koi
bred on into the summer.

Interesting, and again very unusual from both my experience, others I've
talked with and stuff I've read. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us