Old 15-04-2008, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Campa-Man Campa-Man is offline

Default new to gardening

"newyork123" wrote in message

hi,

I bought some seeds for my 8 year old daughter to set up a little area
in the garden. I got lettuce, cabbage and carrots. The garden is a
grass lawn and I dug about 50 cm deep to take the grass away, there are
2 strips about 8ft x 3ft. I just do not want the grass to come back and
I was wondering if I need to do something else before I plant the seeds?
Also do I need some special soil to use? any ideas, tips, links would
be great!

--
newyork123

Stack the grass that you have removed in a pile face to face and leave it to
make a nice rich loam