Old 15-04-2008, 12:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
RichToyBox RichToyBox is offline

Default skimmer

I believe that all of the skimmers are made to use submersible pumps, as
they come from the manufacturer. Most, if not all, can have a hole cut
through either the side or bottom for a drain to go to external filtration
or pumps. I have Pondsweep 700's and have my drain holes cut in the back.
I have seen people with Savio skimmers and the best place for them appears
to be drilled is the bottom.

--
RichToyBox
Zone 7A/B Virginia
"W Dale" wrote in message
Greetings all!
I am ready to "redo" my pond and want to install a skimmer outside the
pond. So far, all I can find are skimmer boxes that want some sort of
external pump. Is there a box out there that can be connected directly
into the lines going into the bio-mech filters? I have seen skimmers in
the pictures of people building ponds and some of them show lines running
from the skimmer to the filters instead of a submersible pump and all.
If you have and DIY ideas, I am open to suggestions!
Thanks for your help.
W. Dale
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib