Old 15-04-2008, 12:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Buying fish on line

My brief experience with GF was that they would breed with any female put
in the pond that was gravid... or even appeared to be gravid (full of
eggs). I'll be watching my GF pond, but I suspected once the females are
spawned that will be that, but if I were to put a new fish in, the males
would chase it if it appeared to be full of eggs. I have noticed lots of
nudging thru the summer with them, and when they've been brought in to the
tanks in the winter.

My koi, otoh, are spring only, if that. JME, YMMV, ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us