Old 15-04-2008, 02:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Andrew Ostrander Andrew Ostrander is offline

Default sweet peas

Sweet peas are not heavy plants and a very light support will do. I don't
know what garden wire is, but it sounds fine to me. I support my sweet peas
by stringing pieces of twine horizontally between poles, with about 4 inches
between each piece of twine.

Andrew

"mztrouble" wrote in message

Hi all,

I'm new here so firstly want to say hello!! My OH and I brought a house
with a teeny tiny garden last August and have been slowly working on it.
Got some nice young plants in and haven't killed any yet (touching lots
of wood!!)

However, I have grown some sweet peas from seed in little trays and
they are getting quite strong and are probably ready to grow. My
question is... do I need to put bamboo stakes in or can I just put
garden wire along the fence? I have no idea other than they need a lot
of support (apparrently??)

Has anyone any suggestions? Thx in advance!

--
mztrouble