Old 15-04-2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] jinny@somewhere.com is offline

Default My goldfish have got finrot, tailrot

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:45:05 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 20:57:27 GMT,
wrote:

Hi
I've noticed recently that a couple of my fish (goldfish) have lost
their tails. I'm assuming this is tailrot\finrot. I've googled the
subject and discovered that it's quite easy to treat by medicine and a
partial water change but is there anything else I can do to make sure
it doesn't happen again? My pond is an outside manmade pool which
contains about 40 fish (4ft x 3ft x 4ft) which is about 10 years old.
I tend to leave the pond alone to develope as a natural habitat, so no
feeding. They live on the plants that naturally occur in the pond and
til now they seemed quite happy.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Jinny,

As you may have noticed, this newsgroup (rec.ponds) is pretty
much dead and/or off-topic.
Most of the ponders have moved over to rec.ponds.moderated.
It was created about a year ago. Many news group providers now carry
this new group, although you may need to refresh/update your list of
groups to find it.
I would like to invite you to check it out. (Dr. Solo is one of
the regulars in that group. Its called rpm for short.)
If you have any trouble finding it, please get back to me here.
There are numerous ways to get access to it.

Good luck.

Ron Schompert

(you can email me if you wish. I was one of the founders of r.p.m)

Hi Ron, I have emailed you.
Thanks.