View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 15-04-2008, 11:36 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Apr 2008
Default Maintenance free mediterranian garden help please. I know nothing.............

Hello,

i have joined this forum in the hope of getting some great advice to help create a great looking maintenance (almost) free meditteranian garden for the front of my property.

The front of my property is north facing so receives alot of shade. I have an area of about 4m x 2.5m which i am creating the garden in. So far i have stripped the area back to the soil and covered it with membrane so that the weeds dont come through.

I have intetions of keeping the membrane there and coving it in a decorative aggregate of some sort and having some plants coming through the stone. I like the date palm and was sold on the idea of using this but i have a great veiw from the front of my house which i dont want to be blocked so i went off the date palm unless what i have been told is true.... I have been told that if i plant it in the ground in a pot it will be restricted in height and size.

I would also like quite a bit of colour in there too but again with no maintenance involoved. Its not because i am lazy but i have two demanding kids so looking after it is not always easy which is why i ripped the lawn out in the first place.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated and if it would help i could put up some photo's of exactly what i am working with it would help?

Yours in hope

Paul Paterson