Old 15-04-2008, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default OT question for computer-y people

On 15/4/08 19:05, in article ,
"Mogga" wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:07:16 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

It is probably cheaper to buy a laptop and pay for internet access in
NZ than buy an iphone and use that.

They are very cute though. Although I did get bored of playing youtube
on it after two days. I'm also quite concerned about that big screen
being quite breakable and it's a desirable object to steal too. I won
mine though, I wouldn't have paid for it.

Thanks to you and Cat for helping me make up my mind NOT to get one! I was
toying with it because I need a new mobile and as we're going to NZ, I
wondered whether to combine the two. However, as I use my mobile extremely
rarely and find complicated ones terribly irritating (I currently have one
of Chocolate LGs which I hate) I was wondering whether to combine a phone
with having email facilities and now see that I'd be getting the worst of
all worlds! I might consider an Apple laptop but they're expensive and once
I get home I'll hardly use it. Probably!
Any recommendations for easy to use Mac compatible phones working with
Orange will be very welcome.

Why mac?
You can pick up incredibly cheap laptops at [even] pc world these
days - or other online shops like microdirect.

I have an iMac as a desktop computer. It seems more sensible to stick to
that if I get a laptop?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk