Old 15-04-2008, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default OT question for computer-y people

"Dave Liquorice" wrote after Sacha wrote:

Thanks to you and Cat for helping me make up my mind NOT to get one!

Good decision. B-)

I was wondering whether to combine a phone with having email facilities
and now see that I'd be getting the worst of all worlds!

Reading of short text only emails is OK on a phone, entering anything
througha phones keypad, even with T9, is a right royal PITA.

I have a iPaq PDA, that has a small but reasonable screen and can blue
tooth to my mobile for data if I'm not in a WiFi zone. Entry of stuff on
that is better with the handwriting or letter recognition. Still slow
compared to a keyboard though. Windows Mobile, so has Word, Excel IE and
Outlook.

Donno what the "Blackberry" type things are like for entry with the tiny
qwerty key pad.

My Nokia 6820a phone has a full but small QUERTY keyboard and although it's
old now I believe they still make similar.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden