Old 16-04-2008, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default OT question for computer-y people

On Apr 16, 1:15*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 16/4/08 12:01, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:38:48 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 16/4/08 10:45, in article ,
"Mogga" wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:49:21 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Why mac?
You can pick up incredibly cheap laptops at [even] *pc world these
days - or other online shops like microdirect.

I have an iMac as a desktop computer. *It seems more sensible to stick to
that if I get a laptop?

Ahh. Yes I can see the logic in that. (Can you get a mac emulator for
windows?) * You could always have fun learning how to use a windows
machine though - asus eee is small, light and pretty. And very cheap.
You only need a browser and email program and they'll do just fine.

Thanks for that. *I'll have a think about it. *I used to have a pc but am
so Mac orientated now, I'd probably be struggling. *I have until October to
decide or to win the pools - if only I did them. *;-)

You've been struggling with your Mac too )

So you want me to double my trouble? *;-)) *Actually, now I've changed ISPs
I'm finding life a very great deal easier.

The EEE Mogga is talking about is Linux based, so not windows. It is
beautifully simple and cute as a button, but disastrously tiny to work
on. I'd rather spend a few more Euros, and buy a proper laptop -
they're available quite cheaply these days.

Cat(h)