Old 16-04-2008, 02:15 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Brian Lund Brian Lund is offline

Default Chusan fan palm / Trachycarpus fortunei - problems!

I bought some seedlings (approx. 20cm with 1-4 leaves) but now the leaves
are starting to shrink and fold into a thin spine (collapsing?)!!
Have anyone tried this before? They are growing in small turf pots so I was
thinking that maybe they get too much fertilizerfrom the pot? Or did i give
them too little water?

I have some other tr. fortunei, tr. latisectus and chamaerops humilis
growing in plastic pots and they all seem fine! The pots are somewhat larger
though, so they don't dry out as fast...

The seedlings I'm having trouble with come from another supplier than my
other seedlings and seeds.

Should I hurry and plant them into plastic pots, or wait and see?

Brian