Old 16-04-2008, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Food Riots

In article ,
Derald wrote:

...but to the extent that such riots reduce the Earth's population to a
more sustainable level, in what way could the possibly be considered
"bad" by the doomsayers? Seems to me, they's greet the possibility with
enthusiastic excitement and use every means at their disposal to hasten
the day, doesn't it?

We appreciate you volunteering. Everyone else says, they're
booked up and can't get away. Take a chair, we'll be right with you.
Just don't get grumpy when you find out that 6 billion people (2050) is
sustainable, for awhile. It's just the inequitable distribution of
wealth that is the problem. For example, here in the U. S. of A.,
we consume 25% of the world's energy but we only represent 10% of the
worlds population. Of course that means that we are also
responsible for 25% of the "global warming".

Industrialized countries (France, Germany, ect.) are showing
negative population growth. If we can get everybody to a comfort
zone, it looks like the plant's population could return to
sustainable levels.
--

Billy

The Murder of Rachel Corrie