Old 16-04-2008, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Burns Chris Burns is offline

Default tips on stopping cat pooing!!!

Hi Bashy

I know exactly what you're going through! I wouldn't mind hearing what
eventually works for you (and anybody else) if you eventually beat the
moggy!

In the meantime, keeping the grass cut short and splashing ordinary brown
vinegar about (not on the grass itself or it'll scorch it!) seems to work
pretty well for me. It's not 100% but it's pretty close and you only really
need to slosh it about every couple of days. It even *appears* to survive
rainshowers. The only downsides are the cost of the vinegar (cheaper than
many solutions though!) and the fact that your garden will smell like a
chipshop.

I did try throwing a mix of Harpic and warm water on the grass and that
worked quite well, but I found I needed to throw it on every day and it
didn't appear to survive rain showers.

Pepper Dust obviously survives rain even less well, but that appeared to
work.

Scattering chopped citrus peel didn't work for me.

Silent Roar also didn't work; thinking about it, if the point of the
exercise is to stop the garden smelling like an animals' toilet, then this
is definitely not going to work.

I also tried Get Off! but that didn't seem to work either.

I've never tried soaking teabags in Jeyes fluid, water jets or standing
clear plastic bottles of water about etc.

Cheers, Chris