Old 16-04-2008, 03:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] TowerOB1@gmail.com is offline

Default skimmer

On Apr 15, 5:47 am, "RichToyBox" wrote:
I believe that all of the skimmers are made to use submersible pumps, as
they come from the manufacturer. Most, if not all, can have a hole cut
through either the side or bottom for a drain to go to external filtration
or pumps. I have Pondsweep 700's and have my drain holes cut in the back.
I have seen people with Savio skimmers and the best place for them appears
to be drilled is the bottom.

--
RichToyBoxhttp://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondintro.html
Zone 7A/B Virginia"W Dale" wrote in message

Greetings all!
I am ready to "redo" my pond and want to install a skimmer outside the
pond. So far, all I can find are skimmer boxes that want some sort of
external pump. Is there a box out there that can be connected directly
into the lines going into the bio-mech filters? I have seen skimmers in
the pictures of people building ponds and some of them show lines running
from the skimmer to the filters instead of a submersible pump and all.
If you have and DIY ideas, I am open to suggestions!
Thanks for your help.
W. Dale
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Thanks RTB ... It sounds like one can plumb the skimmer box and not
use an internal pump.
Has anyone used the Atlantic Skimmer? And plumbed it directly into
your filter line going to you bio-mech filter(s)?