Old 16-04-2008, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Cymbidium species

Thanks for the comments you guys.
Also this one comes with a funny story.
The person that owned this giant had it on their patio on a pedestal beside
the sliding door. (lots of traffic)
The first time I saw it, I was amazed by all the cascading spikes &
flowers but it seemed
the flowers were furry?
As it turned out they owned a Collie dog & it would walk by brushing against
the sticky sugar excretions on every flower, the
dogs fur stuck to them.
My exclamation to my friend was. . . . "Fur out"! *G*
Cheers Wendy

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Cymbidium maddidum in full swing.
Someone told me that this guy is still used for breeding & should be of
extra value?
Cheers Wendy