Old 17-04-2008, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default unexpected visitor

On 17/4/08 11:13, in article ,
"Mogga" wrote:

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:14:59 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

They definitely do! We had white doves here at one time and a sparrowhawk
was treating them as a sort of meals on wheels. In the end we took the
remaining birds back to the original supplier. I couldn't bear to think
that even while enjoying their beauty, we were condemning them to certain
death. We get quite a lot of collared doves here and all too often we find
a puff of feathers somewhere in the garden. They seem to draw the line at
wood pigeons, though.

We came home on Saturday to a fluff of feathers again - so perhaps
it's time to put the CCTV on bird table so we can see exactly what's
doing it.
I don't mind the dovey things - i think they're quite cute but they
eat shedloads and if they're getting eating I should probably
discourage them.

The wood pigeons are too scary looking with their huge beaks. I'd
leave them alone.

I'd rather like to put a nightcam out on the field and/or in the garden to
see what patrols through during darkness. Sometimes the dogs wake up going
mad and barking like maniacs so we suspect foxes or badgers crossing the
lawn.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk