Old 17-04-2008, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space[_2_] Space[_2_] is offline

Default tips on stopping cat pooing!!!

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
On 16/4/08 07:29, in article , "Bashy"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a cat that comes into my front garden and poo's on either the
front lawn, or the front flower bed.

snip

I think your best solution is to Google on the dozens of cat threads we
have
had on urg! One person enjoys suggesting cruel and vicious remedies
because
then he stirs up all the cat-lovers. Others introduce such a thread just
get some form of trolling attention. But in amongst the dross and the
idiots are some personal experiences that might help you. I'd suggest a
water pistol or an always ready hose. But I believe there is now an
automated water jet that goes on when the cat strolls past it. Of course
you'd need to remember to turn it off before you take a turn round the
garden yourself!

Cats are bone idle. They even crap in their own gardens if the weather is
bad.
What they can't resist is freshly turned soil so, if you're prepared to
maintain a small patch of soft crumbly soil, it can save the other parts
of the garden. Who knows, it might even be a good fertiliser

I doubt it is a good fertilizer. I have four cats and I know two of them
crap in their own garden. one of them does her business right on top of a
magnolia bush. so far this year, although it has buds it has not produced
any flowers.