Old 17-04-2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Books

In article
,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Dan L." wrote in message

From this book, "Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey" second
edition. Tells me indirectly why societies will Fail or Succeed. From
this book I found in short order who I will probably get along with and
who I will not. Why some people will listen to reason and those who will
not. Why many people will bend to fear and those who will not. Most
people will not listen to reason no matter what proof one has. Why some
care about others and why others will take advantage of others. The
author states our brains are hard wired from birth into sixteen
personalities. I am an "ENTJ", a messed up "ENTJ" but still an "ENTJ".
Everyone on this plant has been type casted, you can believe it or not.
This is also a top ten favorite book of mine.

These are known as the Myers Briggs personality types and you can do online
tests for them these days.

What fun.

I just did a couple and, much to my surprise given that my responses were
very quick and dirty, they both said I was an ENTP. This is exactly the
personality type I was told all those years ago when I did a lot of
Management training. And it was one of the very few items of management
training that I thought was useful. I realised after I had done it why I
had always made sure I recruited someone who was a strong SJ for my area.
they liked doing the things I hated like the detailed garbage work and they
could always be relied upon to make sure I always kept an eye on deadlines
for my area.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Ok, I just took that on-line test I turned out to be "INTJ". It has been
years since I took the test. Might be closer to the truth. Thing is I do
like to talk to people (extrovert). However the more I talk to people in
person the more I hate them. NT's and NF's I get along well with, they
however are far and few between.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

I or E was close to 50/50.

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.