Old 17-04-2008, 11:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
John - Pa. John - Pa. is offline

Default Apr17-B - Zone Change-20081042.jpg

I know it is not PC, and that I'll probably get flamed for this, but
as a gardener, I can't bring myself to see limited Global Warming as a
100% Bad-Thing.

We are supposed to be USDA Zone-6 here in SE Pennsylvania. That means
an absolute winter low of -10F (-23C), which is pretty damn cold. In
years past we have usually broken 0F, and occasionally flirted with
breaking that -10F mark. Within memory, we have also had a killing
frost as late as May 10. Those April and May frosts would burn out our
magnolia tree buds, probably 3 or 4 years out of 5. Recently, however,
we have not gone below 0F (USDA Zone-7 rating) and last frost has
regularly been sometime in March. Our magnolias are beautiful, and we
are getting a good 3-4 week jump on getting out annuals and starting
seed in the ground.

I have long though that Zone-7 would be the perfect gardening climate,
but I always figured that I would have to sell my house and move to
get it. Maybe, however, Zone-7 is coming to me.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Attached Thumbnails
Apr17-B - Zone Change-20081042.jpg-zone-change-20081042.jpg