Old 18-04-2008, 10:56 AM
mw80 mw80 is offline
Registered User

Wink Mulching my allotment

Hi

A quick question. I am in my first year of owning an allotment and i am currently planting out my first plants....

I have read about the benefits of mulching (weed suppresent, moisture retainer etc). I was wondering which plants should i apply mulch around and what should this mulch consist of? I live in the UK and i hope to grow all types of different veg this year including beans, brassicas, root veg, various salad leaves. Most of the plot is open but i also have two large raised beds

It might sound daft but if i apply mulch won't this restrict what i can plant or can i just plant through it?

Thanks